Thread: LoCash
View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2005-06-02, 05:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester
Carol,

You should go buy yourself a bottle of wine (something nice, don't skimp), sit out in that big, beautiful garden of yours and get thoroughly blotty (in case that doesn't translate into US English, I mean drunk as a skunk). If you're saying you first found out reading this thread, all I can do is shake my head in despair and emit a low growl in the direction of murbot and kickaha. I assumed someone had done their darnedest to contact you and that your failure to appear in this thread was because you needed some time out to deal with it. Be kind to yourself.
I logged on Weds. evening and the first thing I saw was the notice on the front page. I couldn't take it in at first.

I hadn't been online at all for many days. Kickaha and Alcimedes both had sent me e-mails, but I came to AN first, as I always do.

I wish I could get drunk, but at the moment my stomach feels like it's in a knot, and I'm not sure I could put alcohol in it. I feel like it would burn a hole right through. But it's worth a try, I guess.

I'm really having trouble dealing with this. It's just too awful. The harshest possible reality, in all its coldness and finality, has come crashing into our safe little AppleNova world. A vital and irreplaceable presence has been taken from us without warning. An emptiness has been left, echoing and hollow. I am filled with sorrow.