View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-03-31, 23:07

My most-anticipated movies this year:

Pirates 2. Duh. It won't be as good as the original (double duh,) but it will be entertaining enough to keep hopes alive for Pirates 3. Still, we all remember how the last back-to-back installments of a hot action trilogy turned out... *shudders*

Zodiac. Jake Gyllenhaal ("Donnie Darko," "Brokeback Mountain") in another David Fincher ("Se7en") serial killer thriller? I'm so totally there. Especially since Gary Oldman was dropped from the cast. (He's not a bad actor, per se, but he always finds his way into my favorite movies. He's kinda creepy like that.)

The Da Vinci Code - Honestly, who isn't looking forward to this one? Besides the Catholic Church, that is. Tom Hanks and the lovely Audrey Tautou ("Amelie") might help Code to live up to the enormous hype. In the meantime, I have to read the book...

Snakes on a Plane: Yes, I will see it just to see how bad it is. With a title like that, I predict it will top the opening weekend.

That said, since this is a thread for all sorts of movie discussion:

I was in Vegas for Spring Break. No, I did not get "lucky." Yes, I did check out the Apple Store (smaller than the Mall of America's, and Minnesota has three!). But I digress.

I was walking down the Strip, passing Caesar's Palace. I see a bright red Viper pulling in on the driveway I'm about to cross. Ironically, my first thought is, "I bet that's rented."

A glance at the driver reveals Tom Cruise. Or someone who looks EXACTLY like Tom Cruise - same hair, same fashion sense, same got-braces-for-a-year-because-it-wasn't-quite-perfect-enough smile. Unfortunately, I didn't get a good look at his co-pilot.

I can't say for sure whether he was the original Sexiest Man Alive or not, but I'm not sure how many imposters could afford a Viper.

I know, it probably seems so Stephen-Glass-in-"Shattered-Glass"-ish (if you haven't seen that movie, rent it), but I swear it's true. I think.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong