View Single Post
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2007-06-01, 03:56

Quote:
For a person as private as Jobs, who shuns any publicity about his family life, this seems credible.
I think they hit the nail on the head there.. You may also find that Job's idea of whats a good charitable cause is a lot different from the mainstream. And that in itself is not a bad thing either. Perhaps he chooses not to give people like us, and the author of that article the opportunity to discuss it. If so, I can understand why.

I very much enjoyed the D inteview with Steve and Bill, and agree to a certain extent that we all live in a world with a warped view of the reality of the interplay between Steve and Bill. And we only have ourselves to blame for that.

They have always been friends, as well as rivals, and both have very very different approaches to life. After watching the full D interview.. On the surface Bill actually very obviously comes accross as a much nicer guy than Steve. Bill Gates is more self effacing, and when given the same opportunity Steve visibly struggles to be as magnanimous as Bill is at times. However, having said that I know who I would rather work for / with, and who I would rather spend some time chatting with, or have as a friend, and would most likely agree with their world view more often...

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt