Thread: iPad 2
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2010-11-14, 15:56

I agree. It's too big and awkward to use as a camera. I do believe the FaceTime cam makes all kinds of sense onnsuch a device (obviously), but nobody wants to use something that big and awkward for a camera.

It works on the iPhone because it's small, already in your pocket and makes sense. Digital cameras are cheap, and powerful enough, that I have to figure most sensible people would opt for that, rather than some half-assed one shoehorned into an iPad. In fact, I never hear anyone seriously asking for that type of camera on the iPad.

And, Robo...the iPad isn't "lacking", in an of itself, but we both know it's less of a device than its two smaller counterparts, in every single way except screen size.

When those things are addressed, it'll be an even more popular device and bigger hit. It's just scratching the surface. In 3-4 years, I see the iPad being bigger than we ever imagined.

As good as it is, it isn't hitting on all four cylinders just yet (simply because it's still lacking some useful, expected features). That's not a slam, mind you. Just an observation.