View Single Post
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2011-01-14, 16:30

Hey there, trying to migrate my wife from her old PBG4 to a spiffy new MB Air. This is going less than well.

PBG4:
OS X 10.5.mumble (8? 9?)

Air:
OS X 10.6.6

First attempt: WiFi. 6 hrs later, network error. Aborted partway through ~/Library/Caches. Nothing after this in her user directory got transferred.
Second attempt: WiFi: 11 hrs later, network error *with less than one minute remaining*. No mail settings, no calendars, no Safari bookmarks transferred. iTunes looked fine, as did Address Book.
Third attempt: From Time Machine backup of old drive. Less than an hour, looks EXACTLY like the second attempt. None of the mail account settings, calendars, or Safari bookmarks migrated.

I'm wondering if those are not migrated because she has a MobileMe account, and while syncing was set up to manual, it never actually worked for her from the old machine... but it thinks it should sync up with her MobileMe acct for those items?? (I hope this isn't the case, because her iPhone sync is all fscked up between iTunes and MobileMe...)

Anyone seen this before? Googling results in many failures of Migration Asst, but I can't seem to find this particular set of symptoms.