View Single Post
Matsu
Veteran Member

2011-03-25, 08:00

Yeah, I had a couple of cameras with zooming optical finders that were really badly aligned, especially zoomed in, not simple parallax, but a completely different framing level of bad.

You know, a small DSLR with small APSC primes could also fit the mission described above without much need for technological re-invention. Imagine a D40 sized machine with a series of DX 1.4 and 1.8 primes. But there just aren't any fast wide DX primes available. We would need a 23 or 24mm, an 18mm, and a 16mm. All we have is 30mm sigma and a 35mm Nikon. This would be a pretty affordable kit if the difference between Nikon's 35mm 1.4FX and 1.8DX are anything to go by.

Alternatively, a more affordable set of f/2 FX primes would also get the job done, though there isn't really a compact FX camera to go with them.

In a completely different vein, I've been look for a good cheap tripod, but don't really know where to start. What do you folks use/like? Don't laugh, but I'm thinking of getting a gorilla-pod, it seems like a really handy item to have around, and actually pretty strong.