View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-01, 16:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
The Pentax Optio H90 looks nice, but I doubt it performs very well (I could be wrong, of course). I imagine it's a significant downgrade from a nice ELPH
I preferred my ELPH, of course. But I got the I Broke Your Shit Text Message on, like, December 23, and I wanted something in time for Christmas, which meant buying something in town. It's been okay, as like a stop-gap, but I am already talking about wanting something nicer...

It's been like going from Jack Purcells to Chuck Taylors. All the pieces are there, but it's just not the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
though it must be said that today's ELPHs neither look as good as they did, nor perform as well as they did, relative to the competition.
The cheapification of ELPH makes me a sad panda. I remember paying like $400 for my first ELPH and it was like Holy Shit, How Did They Do This and now they're like $200 and today's ELPHs are actually larger because they decided to make them bulbous and aerodynamic for some reason. I remained loyal, but I started shooting furtive glances to the other cameras at the bar... That's why I mentioned that I'd be insta-sold if Canon decided to make a tiny ELPH-branded NEX competitor. It would be like an ELPH that was awesome and relevant again.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong