View Single Post
Matsu
Veteran Member

2015-05-08, 13:04

I just picked up a D810 (refurbished) with only 2, two!, clicks on it. Got a ridiculous deal; couldn't pass it up. Though I tried longer than most, using DX and FX jointly wasn't really working for me. The focal lengths never really mapped out across bodies as practically as they should for event shooting I do. The 24-70 and 70-200 pair is just seamless with two FX bodies. Always felt like I was wasting glass the other way around.

I'm going to sell off my remaining DX stuff and probably won't be buying any cameras or glass unless they combine smaller size, faster AF, and more pixels, though the D750 remains really tempting for a few reasons of it's own (smaller size, dual SD, faster AF and shutter speed, I might have to get one more FX camera...

When I get a chance I'll offer up some thoughts on the D810 vs D800 series bodies. Off the top, it is really impressive how much quieter the D810 is. It's dead quiet. And it's a bit better to hold too. Now I have to update Lightroom and learn about moire retouching techniques...