View Single Post
Robert_Bronx

2019-09-29, 11:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
Yeah, but those apsc 35s are just normal primes, not wide normals.

I'm sorta intrigued by this Nikon Mirrorless announcement. There are a lot of "ifs" which we'll see answered soon enough, but it would be sort of interesting to turn my 70-200 into a 200-520 zoom - if it mounts F lenses.

Sure, I could get the same thing out of a 1.7x TC+DX body, but overall quality might not be too different, might even favor the smaller cam under certain conditions...

If it comes at a digicam price (albeit a premium digicam) say, <399 with kit lens, and is no larger than P7000, G12 etc.

If it shoots video very well, no rolling shutter for starters. One rumor suggests that there will be phase detection AF built into the sensor, which would make it unique, but is not essential to fast AF performance...

I'd consider buying one over a P&S, if
I'm just having a random thought and wondered how hard it would be to change from Nikon to Canon? I don't have a lot invested in Nikon (I have just two lenses and an old camera body), so I think from that standpoint switching to Canon wouldn't be a big deal. Are there other factors I should consider apart from the gear I already have?

Also, what's brought this up is that I'm pretty impressed with the Canon 80D. I've read a number of reviews like photographytalk.com/canon-eos-80d-review and think it would be a great upgrade without having to spend a mountain of cash. From what I gather, it's right in the middle of entry level and pro cameras. Is that right? If any of you shoot with an 80D, I'd love to hear about your experiences with it. Thank you!

Last edited by kscherer : 2019-10-01 at 13:48.