View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-12-28, 00:08

Okay, here's my one real gripe from this end-of-season episode that I'll put into a spoiler tag.

If you're reading on a mobile device where that tag doesn't work as expected, you've been warned.

here goes:

Spoiler (click to toggle):
I think I hate that they're implying another Darth is involved here. Hearing the classic activation sound and then seeing that goofy black light saber ("dark saber"?) extend through the wall just made me roll my eyes and heave a sigh. Yes, yes, I know black light sabers are a thing somewhere in the vast Star Wars canon of video games or cartoons or something, but it just feels too unreal even for this space fantasy. On top of that, though, I was really enjoying the idea that this was a completely isolated spinoff. Involving another Darth just means we're somehow closely linked back with the mainline because of the Sith's Rule of Two.

And I guess was this Darth guy the supposed tie-in to Rise of Skywalker? I don't know yet because I still don't plan to see the new movie until Tuesday.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.