View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-04-19, 19:25

A few months before I was going to move I was in contact with Brad about moving the game server to the forum server again. Given how low our traffic is we could likely get away with it. That didn't pan out as you have all noticed. Life happens and all.

Moving right now is not an option because the lack of network impacts everything within my home and access to the servers too. I can certain force access and likely get a copy of the game files to be able to move the MC server to just about any CentOS environment.

Personally I would go with DigitalOcean over AWS, though I'm fairly certain they ride on AWS.

Really though, I think at this point the best option is to wait for me internet to get connected and see if my pipes can handle the game server running through it. If that doesn't work, then we would have to look at other options anyway. I was supposed to have internet by Tuesday... the 14th! I guess we are still waiting for the backhoe since I haven't seen or heard one yet.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.