View Single Post
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2021-09-10, 13:54

I should weigh in on this thread. Not even an intended pun.

At the start of the pandemic in January 2020, I weighed 317 and was in the midst of a lot of different health issues with nerve pain, food allergies, and a whole slate of other things not fully figured out yet (which is a journey worthy of its own thread at this point, but suffice it to say the result at this point is I'm allergic to almost everything and the number of things I can eat is effectively down to like 10). I didn't feel safe to do hockey or the gym until getting my 2nd vaccine dose, but was able to start back to both of those in April this year. As of this past week, I'm down 60 lbs to 257, and I've made some pretty radical changes in the gym.

Back in April, I really only did well with leg weightlifting due to the hockey background. From past injuries to my shoulders, a lot of upper body lifts have always been difficult. Things like Pec Fly or a Bench Press, for example, I maxed around 100. In 5 months, I'm now hitting 260 for 30 reps on Pec Fly and 210 for 30 reps on Bench Press. I've maxed out all of the back machines, and shoulder lifts that I struggled to do reps with 50 lbs when I started are now around 150 for 3 sets of 10. I also managed to get below 7 minutes for a mile for the second time in my life this past week and for the first time in 20 years.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards