View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-04-14, 17:20

The latest re: DC/WB...

Warner Bros. Discovery reportedly wants to 'overhaul' DC, including revitalizing characters like Superman

No kidding. Unfortunately, I think they're about 7-8 years too late. Certainly after Justice League and that second Wonder Woman movie. I think they'd just have to dismantle/abandon all they've done so far - the movies, the actors/directors, etc., wait a good 5-8 years and just start completely fresh. No origin stories, no outer space stuff, no infighting, no team-building, etc. Just have the team already in place, "on the job".

They failed miserably trying to ape Marvel, so just do the opposite...come out of the chute with a fully-formed team (Justice League), already "on the job" and doing their thing. If that is a genuine hit, then consider standalone movies or crossovers/team-ups.

But they have to factor in that the world may be over all this kind of stuff at this point, so if they truly have nothing to say and a solid, genuine reason for these characters to exist on the big screen, just go and do something else. They gave it a try (I'm not going to say they gave it their best because it's obvious to anyone whose seen a DC/WB movie since Man of Steel they haven't).

They tried. Kinda.