View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-04-14, 18:40

They couldn't do it anyway. They've had since 2013 (and quite a few expensive, high-profile movies) to nail it down. I think it was all doomed from the word go...Man of Steel was a tough sit. I remember walking out to the parking lot afterwards and hearing everyone around me kinda ragging on it, confirming that my initial impression - a miscast, point-missing joyless slog from frame one - was dead on.

That Kevin Smith story about Jon Peters rings so true now (and he was a producer on MoS, so I know he had to be squarely behind some of the idiocy that made it on screen...including those vaguely spider-ish terraforming(?) machines).

"There needs to be a giant spider in the third act...".

That they tried to use that as the jump-off point for their Marvel-style "let's put a team together" efforts...yikes.

"Guys, please don't anchor anything on this barely-watchable movie...take your time, re-think some stuff...".

Nope. They went and did just that, building off Man of Steel. Nine years - and two Batmen, three Jokers - later, it's about as goofed-up and disjointed of a franchise as I've ever seen. Nothing works...

A shame. All the potential and pieces were there.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-04-14 at 19:10.