View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-05-03, 19:06

I've started back (third episode last night) with the sixth and final season of Better Call Saul. I'm a little lost, as it's been so long since the last season (and the one before). But it's starting to pick up and I look forward to Monday nights at 9pm for the next couple of months(?). Not sure how many episodes are slated, but I'm expecting some (confirmed) cameos from Breaking Bad, which this show takes place before in the timeline (a prequel, of sorts).

This filming style on Better Call Saul is so interesting...colors, weird closeups, random stuff that eventually makes sense later on in the episode, long moments of silence/stillness, things left vague/tricky (they don't spell things out for you, the viewer), etc. It's one of those shows I could probably watch on mute and still enjoy visually. Always a nice desert shot, it seems. I love the desert. I'm kinda worried about a character or two, but I suppose it could go a couple of ways (why she's not shown/mentioned on Breaking Bad, etc.).

I believe I mentioned upthread somewhere, some time ago, that I'm watching BCS without having ever watched BB. But I've read up enough to know the major players and all. I know, at some point, I will indeed sit down and take in Breaking Bad. I basically watched the very first episode, and the series finale and about 2-3 episodes somewhere in between (and some snippets/clips from others). But I know I've barely seen anything, big picture.

Oh, Bryan Cranston...you'll always Dr. Tim Whatley to me.