View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-05-06, 11:20

Well, we can hope.

It looks stupid and pointless as can be.

Quote:
Pratt, 42, compared the film to seeing a fireworks finale: "Thirty years in the making — this is the sixth Jurassic film, and it's the end of this franchise."

"Is it really the end?" asked Guthrie, 50.

"I really do think it's the end, yeah," said Pratt. "You got the legacy cast back — Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum — plus the cast of Jurassic World, all our storylines converging in a way that is very much a finale."
Neill, Dern and Goldblum are the Hamill, Fisher and Ford of this franchise...only I assume they don't all die/get killed, bless their hearts. J.J. Abrams didn't work on these movies, did he?

As for it being the end...horseshit. If this thing makes $12 over its production budget, there will indeed be another. It may not have the "legacy" cast (or the inexplicably famous/employed Chris Pratt), but things like Jurassic Park don't quietly end/go away. Like Star Wars and some other properties, they make some time off, years even, but it's silly to think we're seeing the final Jurassic Whatever release. Hollywood doesn't retire/shutter money-printing machines! Even if it turned out to be a complete bomb or totally unwatchable, time heels all wounds. After 1997's Clooney Batman and Robin, WB/DC was back in just eight short years with Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins in 2005, properly de-Schumachered and re-grounded...and they haven't stopped making Batman stuff since!

PS - I can see why they include Pratt's age in the story above, as articles/interviews often do that about their subject. Not sure why they felt they needed to point out that Today reporter/anchor Savannah Guthrie is 50. Who cares, and what bearing does that have on anything?

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-05-06 at 11:41.