View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-05-24, 20:12

Just saw a trailer for an upcoming Thor movie, with Natalie Portman back in the cast. Christian Bale is playing the villain, and that got me to thinking how bi-studiol a lot of actors are, drifting between the Marvel and DC movies.

Christian Bale (Batman and whoever the Thor Villain is)
J.K. Simmons (J. Jonah Jameson in the Raimi Spider-Man movies, Commissioner Gordon in Justic League)
Michael Keaton (Batman and the villain in one of those Tom Holland Spidey movies)
Ryan Reynolds (Green Lantern and Deadpool)
Tom Hardy (Venom and Bane)
Willem Dafoe (Aquaman movie and Green Goblin)
Michelle Pfeiffer (Cat Woman and she was in Ant-Man)
Tommy Lee Jones (Two-Face and an army officer in that first Captain America movie)
Larry Fishburne (Perry White in "Man of Steel" and an Ant-Man movie)
Halle Berry (Catwoman and Storm)
Ben Affleck (Daredevil and Batman)

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head, without Googling/help. I assume there are some more.

Where's the loyalty, mannnnnn?

And, yes...I know they're just actors and work is work and it all means nothing to them, big picture. And, yes...they're certainly "allowed" to do so (probably not at the same time, though). So nobody needs to pedantically chime in to say something that obvious/silly. I just think it's interesting, that's all, some of the big names bouncing back and forth between the two major comic/superhero movie outfits.

Had he lived, Christopher Reeve might've shown up as Uncle Ben (Peter Parker's uncle, not the rice guy) in one of those 46 Spider-Man movies. And, who knows, Tom Holland may eventually be the new Robin!

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-05-24 at 20:24.