View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-05-25, 13:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
What's this now? A new Predator movie??? How did I not know this was happening?
Because there seems to be one, of some sort, about ever four years...how could a normal person with any sort of life keep up with it all?

I love that very first (1987) Predator movie. Saw it in the theater (with an adult, yes) at initial release. And then I've watched it about 765,000 times on cable over the years. It still holds up, it's still exciting, it's one of only about two movies were Schwarzenegger is halfway believable (and doesn't overdo it with the silly quips). He genuinely seems scared/concerned throughout, and actually gets his ass beat a few times.

The sequels/reboots, however, have all been shit on a hot stick. This could go either way. Might be neat to see it set back in time to where only the predator aliens have tech. Shades of the Empire vs. the Ewoks...all that tech and armor ultimately bested by bow and arrows, slings, spears, spiked pits, trip-wire snares and other primitive weaponry/traps.

$50 says the final scene, mirroring Apocalypto, will be the surviving characters watching, all silent and grim-faced, English settlers arriving on ships and/or wagons.

*subtitles: "True predator now arrive..." <fade to black/roll credits>

You're grinning because you know it's true. Go ahead, it's okay. I promise.