View Single Post
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2023-05-01, 09:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
First is troubleshoot each item individually. Test everything at the rack with a short "factory built cable" that should be a known good. So work on getting one connected at a time. Once one is working then move on to the next. Trying to do all at once will complicate it more than needed.

Personally I assume the cabling is the problem. It is so easy to cross over a wire when terminating. Testing with a tester is really a must too when building your own. I accidentally fried my original tester so I bought this one from Wal-mart. It does more than I need it to, but the key reason I got it was to verify my pinouts on the terminations were right and not reversed.

Once you know the cabling is right and you've gotten the devices adopted into the system with the short cables at the rack you should be good to install where you want them in the house. Basically you have such weirdness going on it is likely cabling. Isolate that out of the equation by connecting devices straight to the switch/DMP and verify adoption and function. Then troubleshoot the cable connection points and terminations. Those keystones in the plate at your rack could be bad, etc. So many places that gremlins can seek into.
Right there are a lot of things going on. Same exact keystones and cables were used, but just switching from a port in the switch to a port in the UDM-SE made them show up from wired to mesh. All devices are already adopted into the system. It's really weird. Same exact problem occurs in any port in the switch. I tried multiple patch cables. I bought a Klein tester and the cables all passed as well.

Edit: Also, what did you use to get your cameras to show up in Homekit? Did it require a Raspberry Pi?

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey