View Single Post
Dr. Bobsky

2015-11-16, 15:13

I am glad the chicken hut is still being used -- I was always concerned that the sheer number of chickens in the thing might cause undue lag, but at the beginning it was either that or produce barely enough chicken for myself let alone other players. If my two cents are worth the metal they are minted from: by all means replace the mechanism of the hut with command blocks -- I would guess you would need a player to push a button to fill a chest or get dispensed a stack of chicken rather than have a redstone clock checking the how full the chests are, and I am a-ok with that. There's a lot the command blocks seem to be able to do to improve the playability of the game.

If I may: couldn't you also set downtown to be a hostile mob-free zone, and/or fill in underground areas with stone so that resource gathering is non-existent and spawns in dark regions are eliminated, and any building underground would be done with prudence rather than all out resource collection. But I do think that ultimately any region with lots of structures above or below ground will cause reduction in quality of gameplay, with more complexity increasing the ill-effects.