View Single Post
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2016-01-29, 15:53

Wanted to revive this thread in light of recent "Apple is doomed" news.

Greatest quarterly performance in corporate history but it is clear that iPhone growth is flat and the Apple Watch and new Apple TV have not had a meaningful impact on creating new growing revenue sources.

Also a poorly written guardian article on Apple struggling to retain talent and hire new talent.... while the article is poorly done, the point of it is valid.... Apple will be getting to a point (if not already) where top engineers do not consider working on the 10th iPhone or the 5th Apple TV to be as appealing as working on a true start-up's next big thing.

At this point all the top engineers are getting thrown ridiculous money from anyone. Apple needs to keep the ideas and their mission fresh and innovative and I feel like Tim Cook's incredible focus on operational efficiencies have resulted in a lack of raw innovation. Apple continues to innovate in incredible ways that help make their existing products and ideas better and more refined. But his version of Apple sure as hell seems to lack big picture innovation and creativity.

I've gone up and down about being excited about an Apple car but I have a feeling the recent rumors of that project hitting a major speed bump are likely very accurate. it seems like a "me-too" idea and less of an original idea that is a true passion of its leader. If Tesla meets expectations with it's Model 3 release in March I foresee Apple's car project being dead before it even is made public.