View Single Post
Chinney
Veteran Member

2008-02-16, 17:05

You are not crazy at all. Engineering can be great, I'm sure, if that is your calling, but you seem to have doubts that it is yours. While it can be natural to have career doubts, your seem very strong. You use terms like "convinced now more than ever".

I think you should 'listen to yourself'. If med school seems to be calling you, then I do think you should seriously consider pursuing it, without thinking that you are 'crazy' for doing so. Medicine is obviously a great profession in its own right. We need more good doctors.

Regarding your qualifications, I know there is at least one med school in Canada that is a bit more open than others in terms of science prerequisites. I.e., they let in some students without having all the required courses (some even with general arts degrees), it they otherwise seem to have what it takes (they rely a lot on interviews, overall academic results, and other testing). I don't know if there are med schools like that in the U.S., but it might be worth checking out.

Good luck, hockey guy.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.