View Single Post
MBHockey
skates=grafs

2008-03-02, 20:24

So I've been doing my homework the past few couple of weeks. I need to take at least three (but I'd probably take a couple more) semester-long classes to catch up on pre-requisites.

I would take the MCATS around Feb-March of '09 and apply to med school in June '09 for admission in Fall 2010.

I'm definitely considering it very heavily. I've been trying to contact as many people "in the know" as I can. Pre-med advisors, actual doctors, people wiser than me that can offer some life advice, etc.

By April 15th, I want to have a decision. By that time i'll have figured out which university I'd be taking my "catch up" classes at. I'll have everything ready to go and then make the decision. If i go through with it that would mean moving back to New York (yay!) but back in with my parents (ehh). I'd likely volunteer at this children's hospital that is about 20 minutes from my house and try to get involved in being a research assistance (bitch).

When all is said and done, I would be a legitimate doctor around 6 years from today. Sounds long, but time has a way of passing quickly even if it feels like it's moving slowly.

So we'll see.