View Single Post
MBHockey
skates=grafs

2008-03-03, 06:14

well it's more like 6-7 classes (of which only 3 are required, but the rest are needed to "look good").

I'll also need to volunteer and do research. The thing with staying at my job is there is no job security at the moment. For the first two years you are a probationary employee and they can come in and fire you with no notice at the end of the week. It's already happened to 2 people I know within the 15 people that started at the same time with me.

I'd like to avoid a potentially horrible scenario where I'm in the middle of a 12-month lease and in the middle of classes and get laid off. It's not that I think I deserve to get fired, it's just the reasons they cited for laying off the other two people were flaky at best. Seeing how mercurial they are with these administrative decisions makes me think it might be best to go for these classes and volunteer work full steam instead of trying to cram it in and squeeze a few thousand more dollars (net) out of them when there's no guarantee that I'll have a job there in 6 months.

I've weighed the positives and negatives heavily and this is what I've come to this far. I'd love to hear other input.