View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-11-24, 19:30

I'm really enjoying that Clone Wars CGI animated series. Anakin and Obi-Wan aren't really doing much for me, but Ahsoka is so spunky/feisty and impossible not to root for (unfortunately, I'm not going to make it through her entire animated arc before this week's Mandalorian installment, so I'll just have to go back and let The Clone Wars and Rebels fill in those gaps of her younger years, after seeing her adult, real-life version Friday). And I love the troopers...loyal, fearless hard-cases to the end! I noticed last night, watching a couple of episodes, how they call everyone - including Ahsoka and Luminara - "sir".

First time I heard it, I thought "was that a voiceover/dubbing error?", but then it kept happening.

"Right away, sir!", etc. Makes me smile. Ahsoka doesn't seem bothered by it. Might be some sort of military protocol thing, or something to do with the cloning, I don't know. Everyone's just "sir" to them.

And the lovely Ms. Ventress keeps getting lots of screen time and stuff to do. She's like a snake, even her voice is hissy. I'd love to see a live-action take on her. (10-15 years ago, I think maybe someone like Natasha Hentsridge might've been a good choice for the role, properly made-up/outfitted?). Maybe the character can factor in somehow to that Obi-Wan series, but the timelines might not work (I think she's gone prior to Dooku dying at the start of ROTS, and the Kenobi show is to be set between episodes 3 and 4). I was reading her Wookiepedia entry (it goes on forever), and she had quite a life as well. I do like that character a lot. She's genuinely creepy/scary at times. I'd hate to run into her...

General Grievous is now factoring in quite a bit as well. He's quite a coward. In 2-3 scenes (and in a couple in the 2D animated series) he pushes droids and anything else out of his way to get to his ship to escape a doomed, in-trouble cruiser he's on. He just bolts and leaves everyone else behind.

He's a better villain in this animated form than he ever was in Revenge of the Sith. But I think he's a lot of talk, and no heart. He couldn't even take out Ahsoka, even when he got the drop on her a couple of times. I think he looks better on paper than how he's ever come across on screen (big or small). A neat idea, but something in the execution didn't fully take. Kinda like Captain Phasma? Could've/should've been so much more, handled correctly.

Glad he's dead. Thanks, Obi-Wan.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-11-24 at 19:51.