View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-11-29, 10:48

Exactly. That was fun to watch. Even that one POV scene at the start of the episode of Ahsoka running up on that guy, seeing it from her perspective, was very "horror movie"-ish. And as soon as her sabers went off, she just "disappeared". Those guys had every reason to be freaking out...this "ghost" popping out of nowhere to slice-and-dice. She was unstoppable.

Yeah, they did a great job in the casting of this character. It just never occurs to you that Dawson isn't an older, wiser Ahsoka Tano. I hope we see more of her.

And and how did I not know that was Michael Biehn? Mr. Genre himself, for crying out loud. He's changed/aged quite a bit since I last saw him, but the entire time I was watching Friday morning it was driving me crazy..."I know that voice!". But when you're in Terminator, Aliens and Tombstone - and awesome/cool in all of them - then it's only right you show up in a SW property at some point, carrying a gun and being a hard-case. I even like how his comment to Mando echoed that to Doc Holliday in Tombstone..."I got not quarrel with you, Mandalorian" is pretty much a direct lift of "my fight's not with you, Holliday." I would've died to death had Mando said "I beg to differ" and "say when" (then proceeded to talk about daisies, huckleberries, etc.).

This show totally delivers with its guest stars...Biehn, Bill Burr, Clancy Brown, Timothy Olyphant, Ming-Na Wen, Brian Posehn, Werner Herzog, Mark Boone Junior, Titus Welliver, John Leguizamo and probably another dozen or more that I didn't even recognize or know, or hidden under makeup or a helmet. There's no telling what cool actor randomly pops up, and that makes watching the remaining three episodes - and a new season next year - fun. At least once an episode I'm like "hey, that's...".

With its popularity and cred-bolstering status, you gotta figure a lot of actors are probably hounding Favreau and Filoni for a bit part and a chance to play in the Star Wars sandbox. In fact, I'll go ahead and wager that Sigourney Weaver pops up at some point before the series ends, even if it's a bit down the road. That would just be too cool of a "get" to pass up, assuming she'd be up for it. She's sci-fi/action/nerd royalty at this point (if all she ever did was the Alien and Ghostbusters stuff, her reputation is cemented) with solid chops, as much as anyone above, and it would be nice to see her dipping her toe into this property at some point. Even if she were heavily made-up or concealed, that would be okay too. She's probably a bit more high-profile than the character actor types above, so they may opt to stay away from full-on "famous"/A-list types so clearly on display. But there are certainly ways around that. I didn't recognize John Leguizamo or Horatio Sanz.

And Tilda Swinton could certainly fit in. Hell, she already looks alien/not-from-this-planet as is, they probably wouldn't have to do much other than just put a costume on her. (that's no slam, BTW...I dig her immensely, but she scares the hell out of me sometimes).

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-11-29 at 11:14.