View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-11-29, 18:48

New drinking game...when watching this show, every time someone says "go to the planet [fill in the blank], there you will find [fill in the blank]..." you'll die of alcohol poisoning halfway into the season. It does get a bit "quest-y", doesn't it?

They're getting their money's worth out of that circular, immersive LED screen tech...pretty much a different planet with each episode. Urban, rural, desert, forest, ocean, snow, sunny, overcast, rocky, night skies, weird atmospheric colors, etc.

Which, BTW, bodes well for any future shows looking as good as this one does. I'm sure production will be staggered/scheduled so that every live-action Disney SW show (this one, the Kenobi one and any others that come) will use the tech (and possibly this exact stage/setup, if they don't want to build another).

If you've not seen that little behind-the-scenes doc on YouTube, be sure to check it out. Someone in the video makes a comment about how it's quite expensive on the front-end to set up and get going, but that once it was...

Which, to me, sounds like "we're gonna use/exploit the crap out of this thing as much as we can; we didn't build this for just one show that last eight weeks a year...". I'd like to think not! This show has served as a nice testing ground for that tech, so you know it's going to look good for any "Obi-Wan in the desert" scenes a year or so from now. No more schlepping crew and gear to Tunisia or Morocco or wherever it was they keep going to for Tatooine and other locations. Use those budget savings to hire the best writers, technicians and artists out there, quality guest cast, righteous catering/craft services, etc.

"They got all the Doritos!"