View Single Post
Quagmire
meh

2020-12-01, 10:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Cool. Let us know your real-world thoughts on its performance/speed, etc.

I keep looking forward to reviews/assessments by folks I "know", vs. all the online stuff written by those who may, or may not, have an agenda or any reasons to shade the truth, exaggerate or view things strictly through rose-colored glasses.

The word of "regular Joe" often carries more weight with me on certain things.
Will do. Though my uses of the MBP isn't doing anything stressful. The base MBA might actually have been fine, but I still have somewhat of a negative perception of it after owning a Gen 1 MBA and the issues the recent Intel versions had. Plus the sucker is sold out everywhere in my area.

I agree with the reviewers having an agenda. People like to quote Max Tech a lot, but I am not sure on their objectivity. They seem like huge Apple fanboys. I know Linus gets a lot of hate from Apple Fanboys, but the more I watch his content, the more I like it. Sure there are areas I disagree with LTT simply due to different viewpoints of what I want out of a computer, but he does give Apple a lot of credit when they do things right and flak for the crap they pull. And he is impressed by the M1 Macs.

giggity