View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-12-02, 13:30

Haha...I didn't consider the cross-species angle!

Yoda likes them brainy chicks. And, honestly...who among us hasn't had the "hot librarian" fantasy?

Penthouse Forum, Coruscant Edition:

Quote:
"Made up this sounds, but there was I, working late in the temple and everyone gone for the day, they were. Slowly walked into the room, she did...".
Fellas, you've not unhooked a bra until you've done so using the Force.

But seriously, the more I've thought about it, the more I can't help but wonder if there's something to that. Had they never brought up the whole "he was trained at the Jedi temple on Coruscant", and if his age didn't fit into the timeline so neatly, I never would've thought about it. I was content to assume he was just a random member of that particular species...no ties to the Jedi, no training, never been to Coruscant. But they, the show, planted that seed of time/location/history that makes you at least have to consider the possibility that "baby Yoda" is just that, and has a really well-known pops. Why would they, via Ahsoka, provide that backstory/info if it didn't mean something, eventually?

Isn't that one of the "rules" of screenwriting/storytelling? That things aren't shared with the audience to be just random filler? That's there's usually a reason a character says/does something that has some sort of payoff somewhere down the line?

And even if that's not what comes to be, it's still obvious Grogu is "important" in some way for The Client, Gideon and the Empire to be so hell-bent on finding him. So he's clearly a big part of things, and what continues to drive the show, if his "M count" is high enough to be the reason his blood is coveted by the bad guys to fuel their shady schemes. Yoda-related or not, he's a big deal.

That seems like the sort of thing some Jedi - Force ghost or otherwise - might see fit to lay on viewers in the final 11 seconds of episode 8 in about three weeks. Then everyone can freak out/speculate for the next 9-10 months. Oh, the memes that would surely sprout...

It's already established/accepted that everyone in Star Wars knows/is related to everyone else, after all. This just plays into that whole thing, doesn't it? But it's almost too obvious/easy, which is why it probably won't be the case. This is probably the misdirection/distraction part of it, making viewers (and idiots like me) think they've got it all figured out.

Surely we don't. Just seems a little too easy/obvious.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-12-02 at 13:58.