Thread: iPad OS
View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-03-19, 12:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
Or you could, y'know, get a MacBook Air. Yeah, I know, no touch, and no detachable keyboard. But macOS is so much more coherent at this it's not even funny. And the excuse of iPadOS being young doesn't hold. The iPad is ten years old. When the Mac was ten years old, System 7.5 came out. Multitasking? The laptop and desktop form factors? Handling files? Those were all settled. None of them are on the iPad.

The iPad lacks strong leadership.
I agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
I doubt it. Google et al would love that, but Apple wouldn't: they need reasons you buy their pricey hardware, and having a fast, comfortable machine is one such reason. If you don't need that because the apps run remotely anyway, why not just buy a Chromebook?
I will never buy any productivity device that requires internet connectivity. A "computer" that cannot be used without the internet is just dumb.

Also, I think a lot of people buy these things because they are shiny and new, not because they are ever actually going to use them. I sell a lot of MacBooks to people who bought an iPad thinking it would replace their Mac, but it never really could.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)