crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2020-03-23, 17:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post

*snip*

She's your woman.

*snip*
I do know what you're trying to say, but she's not anybody's woman. We're not for owning.

Will get back to you Mac+. Been looking for somebody to discuss the big picture stuff with.

But just a few things worth mentioning for everbody's safety:

- if you think you may have covid19 DO NOT take ibuprofen. Take acetaminophen/paracetamol

- if you think you have it, take it real easy. Do not soldier on. Can't find the link right now but one German (iirc) study suggests that not taking it easy may cause the virus to move from the upper lungs to the lower lungs. That's when you're in deep shit. It may also turn symptomless/mild disease into a serious case.

- one of the first things they teach in med school is don't go to hospital unless you really need to. Not now. Not ever. Why? Because they're filthy places. They're full of fuckin' sick people. I only did 3 years of medicine. Not a doctor. So of course keep that info in mind while also thinking sensibly and not taking unwarranted risks.

- having been utterly immersed in following this and absorbing as much info as I can since mid January, my personal view is that most governments are giving people "best case scenario" information about what we know about this virus. Time will tell if I'm right or not. But don't be surprised to find out in the coming weeks and months that a lot of their current claims are complete rubbish. One thing we already know is bs is that this is a disease that is only going to affect older people. Go hunt down the figures of 30 - 60 year olds currently hospitalised in some European countries. Upwards of 50% in some countries.

Of course those figures are partly influenced by triage. When hospitals are overwhelmed, us oldies will be pushed into a corner and given supportive treatment only or sent home to die. It's the way it must be but that doesn't make it any less depressing.