View Single Post
Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-12-19, 20:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratt
I really think that swapping out youur harddrive and adding some ram should solve *all* of your problems for at least another 12 months, minimum.
This is exactly what I'm planning on doing these holidays for my Ti550. Swap the 20GB drive for a 100GB (5400RPM if I can get it) and try and locate 2 pieces of 512MB SDRAM @ 133/100 bus speed (again, if I can find it!). I have 2*256 sticks, but I'm going to wear the cost. I plan on keeping this baby 'til she dies.

Maciej - Fwiw, this old beast is still plugging away and I think I bought it toward the end of 2001. Sure, I'd love a faster proc, greater bus speed, a QE capable video card, a combo (or super) drive, AE and Bluetooth - but for what I'm doing currently this is still OK. Especially for general home and office work: music, email, surfing, reports, spreadsheets, the odd presentation, etc. I'm lucky, though, because I have access to the school's dual 2.0GHz G5 which I can use for making movies and DVDs.

However, come the new year, I'm going to look closely at the upgraded Mac mini or an iMac for personal use - primarily music editing. I'll keep this PB for mobile recording though.

Last edited by Mac+ : 2005-12-19 at 21:06.