View Single Post
¡Damned!

2011-09-10, 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Has anyone else noticed the passive mobs spawning being significantly reduced or altered? My "Challenge Island" animal farm has produced nothing since beta 1.8 where I used to get tons of sheep, pigs, cows, and chickens before.
Other than being super spread-out, no. But what with the biomes being much much larger it doesn't surprise me that a small area wouldn't get as much traffic. Especially since it appears that passive mobs spawn at the same rate regardless of day or night (ime so far).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonn89 View Post
Pro tip: Don't try to cook iron ore with coal in a furnace, you'll insta-crash, ans upon reloading the game you'll loose your coal.
Or chicken breasts. Or glass. Happened to me with each. Only when I used coal though - lumber seems to work just fine.

I do wonder if Mojang is tying certain features to certain biomes now though. The first world that I started was in a swamp, and even after traveling for days I never saw wolves or even one chasm, but mineshafts were everywhere. The second world started in a pine forest and chasms and wolves were everywhere. I still haven't found melons or a stronghold in either world. Spawners seem to be hella more frequent.

So it goes.