View Single Post
Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-04-06, 01:59

ast3r3x - D'oh! If only I knew about this when I had the MediaPlay in my hands. Too embarrassed to go and ask for it back again.

I do agree with you though, if Logitech made the MediaPlay BT that would be great - since it would not hog a USB port. Sort of defeats the purpose of going wireless aesthetically if you still have a cable connected to your computer. But for now, the MX1000 - with full OS X compatability (Logitech drivers) - makes me happy enough to endure the charge station/RF base being connected to the TiPB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast3r3x
What makes the MX10000 scrolling so great? I mean I understand how precise it is, but I can't say I have a problem with my MX500
The scrolling is not the special thing with the MX1000, it is the tracking ability. I have tried it over a number of surfaces and it is always up for the challenge. Cursor movement is consistently smooth and not jerky - this will be good for my glass desk back in Australia, I'm sure. Another plus, as Luca pointed out, is that this mouse wakes from sleep instantaneously. Even though I haven't tried other wireless mice to compare it to, I do know that the MX1000 is fast and responsive.

I'm sure the MX500 scrolls well and probably tracks beautifully too - but if some clutz reclined on it and broke it () then that sounds like the perfect excuse to upgrade.

Btw - if you get a chance to try the MediaPlay mouse with USB OverDrive please post your findings.

All I want is a simple life
twitter