View Single Post
ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2009-02-06, 09:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post

And you are really arguing shockingly like a Republican of the past 8 years.... repeat after me, "I am not against the stimulus", I am against this massive unproven and unfocused package. I don't think everything needs to be included in a single package. I think our elected officials have the responsibility to do exactly what Obama said he would do upon election, go through with a fine tooth comb over every policy, agency and piece of legislation and cut what isn't working and what won't work. I'm not convinced that was done here at all, and if you have watched Obama's recent interviews, even he has acknowledged that the stimulus isn't exactly what he had originally anticipated.
While you're waiting for "proof", unemployment now sits at 7.6%. How long do you want to wait? And yes, the burden is on you to argue against this, because those of us who support it know that right now, we just need to get people back to work. Do you know what the word contraction means, in terms of the economy? Because that's what were dealing with. How do you fix that? Spending.

Read the bill. I think most of it makes sense. Tell me what doesn't. Don't just be a dittohead. It sounds like you've let talk radio and Fox News tell you what you need to know about the bill - and that's all. DYODD.