View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-12-18, 21:00

I guess I'm wildly lucky to have been far busier with work than usual today. I missed the YouTube and social media garbage and all the spoilers that I'm sure were they were just swimming in. I only finished today's episode a few minutes ago, and I'm satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Is Boba going to get super fat too, sitting in that chair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
A few questions:
It seems like there was hardly anyone on that Star Destroyer. Maybe 50 people, max?
Do TIE Fighter pilots sit in their fighters all day waiting to launch? It seemed very quick from order given to first fighter launched.
One fighter launching at a time seems very inefficient.
Paul already mentioned it, but the specific line of dialog from Starbuck, errrr, Bo-Katan was "In the old days, it would carry a crew of several hundred. Now it operates with a tiny fraction of that." Also, Gideon's (unnamed?) ship was a "Light Cruiser". That classification plus a few other clues suggest that it's much smaller than the big boy Star Destroyers. Our heroes did basically walk most of the length of this one in just a few minutes. I figure this ship is maybe a few hundred meters long whereas the ones we saw in the original trilogy are easily over a thousand. Since we see them in scale with the TIE fighter and shuttle with that tiny launch window, we can also infer that it's probably only tens of meters tall instead of several hundred. This also means it's probably only designed in-universe to fend off light attacks, not carry enough crew and fighters to sustain a real battle.

But here's the thing that's bothering me about this season-ender:

It's too good.

No, I don't mean it was a great episode. It was okay, though a tad predictable since we basically knew where it had to go. I mean it's too good of an ending without leaving any major cliffhangers or critical plot points to carry the show into the next season. I'm already afraid of the inevitable Mando with water skis approaching the tank. (Thanks so much Paul for putting that image in my head!! ) Sure, sure. Blah blah blah darksaber combat this. Yadda yadda Book of Boba that. The main story arc they set out to tell a year and a half ago is done. I sure hope Favreau and Filoni have an gigantic ace up their sleeves to surprise and hook us again next year.

edit: Wait… did I misunderstand that post-credits teaser? Is "Book of Boba" actually season 3 of The Mandalorian?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.