View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-12-21, 10:17

Confession...I’m more bummed about Friday being no new episode than I am excited that it being Christmas.

When you’re single, have no kids and this COVID stuff playing havoc with your usual, traditional holiday plans/pursuits, it’s looking like Christmas 2020 - as with July 4th, Labor Day, Halloween and Thanksgiving - is simply “just another day”, this go-around. For me, anyway.

YMMV, of course. And I hope it does!

I’ll see/spend time with Mom, but I’m not doing the big family gathering because a) I don’t know where most of them have been, and b) I seem to have a few hardcore anti-maskers in the bunch and I’m just not interested (the risk factor, or listening to their bullshit). I hate these stupid masks more than any 10 people combined, trust me, but I’m not making this whole thing my political/cultural hill to die on either. If masks in public is the rule, then that’s what I’ll do until I hear otherwise. I’ll leave the defiant rebel/maverick routine to others...

So, all that to say...I wish I was waking up to a new Mandalorian episode Friday morning, since there likely won’t be much happening on the other front for me.

In my twisted, fantasy-rich brain, there’s part of me that would love Disney+ to drop a secret, special episode Friday morning...as a surprise/thank you to the fans and viewers.

Even just a 20-minute epilogue to the latest episode...Din and Bo Katan arm wrestling. Or, actually, a little mini adventure of a now Grogu-less Mando acquiring a new ship. If Cara and the others want to help, even better.

But how cool would something like that be? If I ran Disney/Lucasfilm, I would’ve made such a thing happen, especially with Christmas falling on a Friday this year. Just one final, unexpected treat for the fans. I’d have this secret bonus episode in the can, just waiting to release it Friday morning via a Tweet (word-of-mouth would get the news out pretty quick...no problems there).

The episode did end abruptly, and while everything needn’t be resolved, maybe a little bonus, lighthearted adventure that shows what happened after Luke departed, Boba returned and Mando fully realizing he needs a new ride ASAP.

PS - If such a thing were to ever happen, you think about you old pal Paulie as you’re watching.

“Ohmigosh, that doofus actually called it!”