View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-09-20, 16:36

Some "news" on the upcoming third season of The Mandalorian.

I'm not going to bother copying/quoting any of it here because, frankly, it's a bit of a lousy, poorly-written piece, but there might be a few interesting nuggets (and by "a few", I mean "about two").

I'll save you the hassle:

The Mandalorian comes out at Christmas time 2021, following the Boba Fett thing (which I still don't know if it's a series or a two-hour single movie, etc.). I have a feeling it's not a series, but that's just me...

The rest of the article is just speculation/guesswork, re-hashing of rumors/speculation from others and two knobs from Esquire trying to sound funny, hip and/or edgy.

Some things were left hanging from that final episode - Moff Gideon, that business between Mando/Bo and the dark saber, etc. - so it could all go anywhere, I suppose (including maybe even a time-jump, small or large, which I brought up ages ago).

Kinda weird/frustrating that all these shows are supposedly in production (Andor, Mando 3, Boba Fett, Obi-Wan, etc.), but there's just really no solid word on any of them and they seem to be taking forever to arrive. I'm in real danger of just going all Walking Dead/Better Call Saul with this stuff...something I enjoyed early on, but then the dragging out of new seasons just makes me lose my spark for any of it. I don't think a "hit everyone with 4-5 shows at once, and then silence for 8-9 months" is any sort of strategy, so I hope they've got something a bit more steady/ongoing in mind throughout 2022 (like all that Marvel stuff...every time I turned around in 2021 there was a new Marvel series, it seemed like).

I realize bastard COVID probably affected/changed plans here as it has everywhere else...I assume, in a world where none of this happened, at least 1-2 of the above SW shows would've been airing by now.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-09-20 at 16:52.