View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2022-11-24, 14:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
It certainly wasn't that price brand new, I'm looking at buying an almost three-year-old computer
Ohhhh, I see what you're saying. Yeah, that makes sense.

Quote:
The Disk thing is something I've always wondered about. I've never had my apps on one drive (the iMac's) and my documents on another. And then I hook up a Time Machine drive to back them both up on? That seems a bit convoluted to me. How does that work out in real life?
The Time Machine part isn't really a big deal. It's just two folders, really. One with your internal, one with your external.

Yes, it isn't as nice as having everything be the same volume, but it saves you a whole lot of money and gives you more flexibility to upgrade in the future.

Quote:
I don't think you can just ignore the main machine drive and set an iMac to boot from the external, can you?
You could, and then get an even smaller internal disk, but Apple's internal disks are very fast, so having the OS on internal does benefit you.