View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-01-26, 09:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
If you're feeling adventurous you could replace the battery yourself – I know that iFixit has parts because I've been mulling doing the same myself to one of my old first gens. It's nice to leave around to occasionally surf on or watch a movie, but the battery doesn't hold a charge for shit.

iFixit linky
I've thought about doing this actually. I have everything but the heat pad to soften the glue. Given how much swelling has happened I really only need to heat the short sides that still have some adhesives holding it down. My thing is this clearly isn't the best solution for what I'm trying to do.

I mean, for about the same price as the replacement battery I could get a screen for the Pi sitting on my desk and have it just display a web page interface for the weather station. A little more and it can be touchscreen so I don't even need the keyboard and mouse to get it started. I might have to look at that route on here.

I have no attachment to the iPad in my case, it was just so display the weather. Heck, if I could remove the battery and then put it back together and run it without the battery I could consider using it like that then. It is still a good screen for the purpose but I don't want to deal with the battery since it would be on and plugged in 24/7.

Maybe that is what I'll do, try to remove the battery and see if it will work without the battery...

Louis L'Amour, β€œTo make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.