View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2023-02-10, 15:51

The neat thing about these M2 rollouts is that they made the still super powerful/capable M1-based models even cheaper as refurbs.

The original M1 14" (16GB RAM/512GB SSD) was $1,999 new, as we all know. It showed up last summer in the refurb section for $1,799, a great price for what it was. Sometime this past fall, I saw where they somehow got knocked down to $1,709, out of nowhere. Now with the release of the new M2-based models, the M1-based 14" (8-core CPU, 14-core GPU with the base 16/512 RAM/SSD) is now $1,539!

If I'm working this calculator right, that's $460 off what it would've cost new...just three weeks ago. Ain't nothing bad about that.

Refurb is all I look at/consider anymore. If you pay attention and time things right (and just aren't a complete spec-whore, top to bottom), you get a lot of Mac for a price of what they should cost to begin with in a sane world. Those M2-based Airs are great deals now as well. Mid-$1,600's for a 24/512 model (8-core CPU/8-core GPU). For $1,709, you get the 8/10 core config).

Lots of options out there now...M1, M2 (and all their variants/core configurations), across two model lines, three screen sizes and new vs. refurb. Almost anyone can find some sort of MacBook for their needs and budget.