View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2023-02-10, 20:26

If Apple made the 24" iMac bezel black and swapped out the current rainbow colors for the four M2 MacBook Air ones, even in one solid shade (vs. the two-tone look of the current iMacs), I think that could be a very handsome computer. Too tired to mock it up, but it's easy to imagine.

Then again, they could simplify their lives greatly by just making it in silver with a black bezel. I seem to recall that look going over nicely for well over a decade... I don't think anyone would mind that one bit. Hell, offer Space Grey too. Why not.

Something about that white bezel, combined with those colors, puts it in Fisher-Price territory for me. And it stands out weirdly from the entire lineup, as a) nothing else has such bright, vivid colors and b) white bezels. It almost looks like a "here's a future ~2020 iMac concept!" prototype from 22 years ago (when iMacs did have bright colors/white around the displays) vs. something comfortably sitting in the 2021-2023 Apple lineup.

I, naively, assumed that any new MacBook Air redesign coming in 2022 would've taken on those design cues, but it didn't. The Airs look every bit as sedate and "professional" as the actual MacBook Pro line. So now that 24" M1 iMac is just an odd mismatch that doesn't look like it belongs with all the other Macs Apple offers. But that's just my opinion.

I liked the new 24" iMac look for about five-and-a-half days way back in April 2021, then kinda came back to my senses after a week.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2023-02-10 at 20:44.