View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2023-02-11, 05:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
Then again, they could simplify their lives greatly by just making it in silver with a black bezel. I seem to recall that look going over nicely for well over a decade... I don't think anyone would mind that one bit. Hell, offer Space Grey too. Why not.
Beige sheet metal also went over nice for a decade. "It's fine" isn't really Apple's ethos in product design, or so I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
nothing else has such bright, vivid colors
Yeah, and I can see the second revision having more muted colors, like the 2020 iPad Air.

The MacBook Air is honestly a bit of a disappointment for me in that disregard. Midnight does look good; a colleague got one. But it's hard to square Apple's "the iMac has so many colors! It's great!" messaging with "…oh, but pay no attention to us not doing that for any other product now". I realize SKUs are tricky and the MBA has way higher volume than the iMac, but I wish their coloring were more consistent.