View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2023-02-15, 12:41

I just don't know if colors truly matter on computers. I mean, they exist. But would anyone truly wig or despair if they didn't? The whole 24" iMac thing did feel like "going back". I never would've expected such vivid hues. Each of those have a more earthy, pastel variant that I could've more easily imagined in 2021-and-beyond. It's kinda jarring, honestly.

But even those will eventually play out and look dated on such a large, pricey product.

Phones, out and about in the world and needing protection, lend themselves to the case/cover market.

But I just think if Apple sold the iMac in silver and space grey, 99.2% of the planet would be totally cool with that. As "forward" and "cutting edge" of a company as they present themselves, how can that be so going two-plus years between updates when color trends change much quicker? They already look dated, which is the problem with colors baked in to the device. Every color, on something like this, will eventually look dated or passé or "of a particular year"/cycle, so bypassing it altogether seems to be the easiest way to avoid all that.

I just think of how much Apple could simply their manufacturing/logistical lives by not doing some of the things they do, and then going years and years between refreshes, which seems to negate the whole reason for doing them to start with. I'd never spend money on a skin/cover to "add color" to a computer. But I'm older now than I used to be and I don't believe a lot of things I once did, so that's probably a huge part of it.