View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-01-05, 21:40

Boy... you know, I've never made a mistake that's actually harmed or damaged a computer in any way. I've made some poor decisions that have cost me some money (buying shit I don't need, buying shit that broke, passing up a good deal and later settling for a worse one, etc), but I've never, like, dropped and broken something.

I have yet to find out whether switching to Windows as my primary OS has been my greatest mistake or my best decision yet. When I was setting up my newly-built PC, I languished for two days trying to figure out how to get my SATA hard drive to boot properly. It was some retarded Windows problem that would have never happened on a Mac of course. On the other hand, I've had so much fun with this machine, gaming and hardware tweaking and all, where my old PowerMac would simply disappoint me. I'd say it's a wash.

When I saw the title of this thread I was all ready to chime in with "HP not buying Apple in 1976. Commodore also not buying Apple in 1976. That guy selling DOS to Microsoft for $50k sometime back in the 70s." I mean, those were pretty freakin' dumb when you look back at them. But the people who made those decisions would have had no way of knowing.