View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-09-06, 21:27

Funny enough, my pastor mentioned the first twelve failed launches the US had trying to get to the moon during last weeks sermon. It was merely a bullet point to him, but how timely for the Indian's to have a failed attempt this time. My kids didn't understand either so I had to explain to them how hard it really was.

Just getting off the ground is hard. Then getting through out atmosphere is really hard. Then being pointed in the right direction. Not over shooting your target. Missing an orbit entry, having to hit it just right or slingshot across space. Then once in orbit having to get the lander off and in the right direction...etc... By the time I was done my kids were so happy they even got to the point of getting the lander headed in the right direction.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.