View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2023-03-22, 16:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
That and for many people the phone is never not in their hand. For those of us who aren’t looking at a phone 12+ hours a day the smaller overall size would be nice though. I think Apple’s answer will be to follow the trend of folding devices.
That's me. I use it when I need to Google something or respond to a text or check the weather. I'm not on social media, or constantly buying pointless shit on Amazon I don't need (just because it's on sale or at a "great price!", like everyone I know does, nonstop) or doing any gaming, so it's definitely not in my hands all day, nonstop. I go some days and it never leaves my nightstand. In recent years, I deliberately leave it at home if I'm just running to the store for a quick errand and back in an hour or so. It's oddly "freeing" to be out in the world without the stupid thing buzzing/beeping/dinging in my pocket every 30 seconds. I'm not that important. Nobody on the planet needs my attention/insight immediately, about anything. I know/accept this.

If I want something "larger", I'll get an iPad or iPad mini. That are automatically large, two-hand-demanding and I don't mind so in those particular devices. It's unavoidable. But a phone? Nope. I don't need my phone to be the size of a Star Trek Tricorder or a paperback novel. It's a phone. The 12/13 mini is truly as large as I ever want to go. These Plus and Max models can all go climb a tree. If I won one, free and clear, all I'd be interested in doing is re-selling it for top dollar and buying a Pink(!) or Midnight 13 mini outright (and pocketing the leftover). My friends, an older couple I know, both have 14 Pros (not the Max) and they're far too large for me. So I know that 6.1" isn't a go, in that design (the two non-large 14 models).

Apple should make a smaller, cheap-as-possible iPhone. The current SE, as speedy as it is, still has the home button, so it sits apart, unavoidably, from every other phone in the lineup. Once that thing moves to a full-face, buttonless design, that'll be great to see, assuming they keep it smallish (5.4") and don't get stupid with it. Nobody spending ~$400 on an iPhone is looking for/expecting a 7" screen. Don't do us any "favors", Apple. I absolutely buy iPhones on screen size, and I was disappointed the mini didn't carry over to the 14. But I'm not looking to pay current flagship top dollar/asking price for them either, so even if a 14 mini existed, I'm not paying $800+ for it. $500 is my cut-off for iPhones, like $1,500 is for Macs. I'll make a small exception in a specific case/scenario, but that's my general rule/guideline.