View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-11-21, 17:56

So, let's get this world trimming discussion underway. I'd like to act soon so we can upgrade the world game to 1.11.

I pulled the last backup from when I shut down the game on Saturday, and it was a whopping 2.12 GB. That's... yeah, that's pretty big, especially when you consider that each of the chunk files are also zipped. Last night before I went to bed I started running the world through the program I use to generate a 2D overhead 1:1 pixel:block image, and today I found the output file.

It took about 7 hours to finish.

And the resulting image is:

Photoshop gives up and can't figure out how to open it.

I guess, uhh, I guess I'll come up with some other way to visualize what we might want to keep unless we're OK with just trimming exactly what we trimmed last time.

Update: Apparently I should give Apple more credit. Preview was sort of able to open the file after five minutes of chewing. The window is an empty grey void, but at least I was able to extract the dimensions.

441872 × 524304 pixels

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.