View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2019-11-27, 12:52

Four hours later...

“J.J., my man…wassssup, G. It’s me again”.

“Hey, Kathy. How’s it going? Look, I’m a little busy her…”

“Remember that thing about blue ghost Jabba? Well, forget it. It’s silly.”

“Thank goodness. I’m glad you realiz…”

“No, we’re still going to have a blue glowing space slug. But I’ve been on Wookieepedia all morning and guess what? Apparently that’s a race of creatures, called Hutts, So it doesn’t necessarily have to be Jabba. Which gave me a totally cool idea.”

“Can I go?”

“So, you know how moviegoers absolutely love heavy-handed, unsolicited political and social commentary in their popcorn movies?”

“Not really, no. In fact, I think most peo…”

“Well, this gross space slug…we’re going to credit, and call him by name, and it should get a good, knowing chuckle from the audience. This big, fat and gross space slug…he’s Warvee Hindstain, get it?! Like Harvey Wei…”

“Yes, Kathy, I totally get it. Are you sure that’s the route we want to go? That whole Nute Gunray thing from George 20 years ago hasn’t aged all that well and comes across as a bi…”

“Then what are we making these movies for, J.J.?! People need to know!”

“Kathy, there isn’t a soul on the planet who doesn’t already think the man is a disgusting, predatory slug. I’m not sure how pointing this out in a Star Wa…”

“Once again, Lost Boy…do I need to remind you who’s signing the checks around here? Make it happen. We hired you for a reason, after all. Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen. Oh, and bring me another coffee.”