View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-04, 11:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Rian Johnson probably would've/could've made a decent Star Wars movie had his primary goal/approach wasn't to "subvert expectations" and crap all over 40 years.
Well, considering that's what we got, it must have been his goal and so he never could possibly make a good Star Wars movie. It was entirely outside of his capacity. As much as he proclaimed his "love of Star Wars" what I saw from the movie was not love, but utter contempt. A director who is so easily swayed to take a dump on something he "loves" does not "love" that thing. Rather, he hates it! As does Kathleen Kennedy. (There must have been something about her relationship with George Lucas and Star Wars in general that lead her to make such a horrific mess as Episode 8.) The Last Jedi was more of a mocking-movie—like Space Balls—than it was an extension of a beloved story.

That Johnson is not visibly involved with Episode 9 gives me some hope (I would rather watch a remake of ROTJ than another mocking crap-fest!)

No, Rian Johnson had no genuine love for Star Wars at all. He hated it and worked overtime to tear it down.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)